MARITIME CYBER EMERGENCY RESPONSE TEAM
The MCERT is an innovative and collaborative service providing global incident triage and response, international intelligence feeds, proactive advice and real time support on Cyber incidents for the Maritime industry.
The maritime industry plays a critical role transporting 90% of the world’s trade and it is imperative that the industry remains resilient by addressing the growing risk from Cyber threats. As of 2021 shipowners now have to address the International Maritime Organization (IMO) Resolution, MSC.428(98), and administration requirements for compliance incorporating Cyber Risk Management into ship safety systems. Many organisations will have to review and reassess how they address these requirements.
Templar Executives’ Maritime Cyber Emergency Response Team (MCERT) platform provides:
- A portal for anonymous or direct reporting of Cyber incidents;
- Emergency response support and triage;
- Data feeds including threat alerts and daily reports providing a rich intelligence picture;
- An industry forum for information exchange and collaboration;
- A collaborative global Supplier Framework;
- Training and education from the Templar Cyber Academy for Maritime (T-CAM).
The Maritime Cyber Risk Assessment (MCRA)
The Maritime Cyber Risk Assessment (MCRA) helps maritime companies stay on top of their Cyber Security risks and make effective investment decisions that protect and enable the organisation by:
- Providing a tiered and comprehensive systems level Cyber Risk Assessment capability which correlates to your risk appetite and considers vessel (IT/OT/IoT), integrated ship to shore interfaces and enterprise IT;
- Alignment with IMO resolution MSC.428(98) and the Maritime Cyber Risk Management Safety Management System (SMS) process.
- For more information watch our video.
The Templar Cyber Academy includes a broad portfolio of maritime courses including NCSC and ClassNK Certified e-Learning, Cyber Security courses for Boards and specialist training for all organisational levels.
“Response to Cyber threats is an urgent matter for the entire maritime industry and we believe the MCERT will help all stakeholders take not only appropriate but also updated measures for onboard Cyber safety.”
Naoki Saito (Capt.), General Manager, Maritime Education and Training Certification Team, Nippon Kaiji Kyokai (ClassNK)
“We are delighted to be on the
Advisory Board of MCERT. This
initiative will give a much needed
boost to Cyber Security in the
Philip Roche, Partner at Norton Rose